Monday, June 13, 2016

CROCHET CLASSES


I am going to be running "Learn to Crochet" lessons in July, on Saturdays at 10 am to 12 noon, at the Artrageous Art Studio in Westleigh.



My head is buzzing with ideas for how to teach the basic crochet skills, and am designing a small project to complete each week to showcase what you have learned,. So students can feel they are really achieving something every lesson.

By the end I hope all the students will be started and well into a bigger project of their choice - so I'm also busy writing up and searching out some good options.  Over the next few weeks I'll be posting pictures of some of the projects we'll be doing to provide inspiration.

If you'd like to join the class, please ring Artrageous Art on 9875 2813 to make bookings. If you have enquiries for the teacher please email me at megandbel@gmail.com.

For those that haven't heard of the lovely suburb of Westleigh, it is midway between Hornsby and Pennant Hills in Northern Sydney.




Artrageous Art in the Westleigh Shopping Village has been running since 2011 - there is a store which stocks a wide range of art supplies, and a studio space where classes are run. This winter the owner, Debbie, has branched out into yarn and knitting and crochet equipment which makes the store even more difficult for me to walk past without popping in! Debbie is so enthusiastic and friendly and I love the way she is always keen to source and order in items for customers that she may not stock yet (which I'm sure is not just because she gets to play with new things when they come in).

Debbie is an amazing knitter and runs a knitting class (among others), but she can't crochet so thats where I come in.....

No comments:

Post a Comment